My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Thanks for stopping by, please come visit my new wedding blog, The Unbride or my photography blog. And while you're there, leave a comment, I love comments!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Well I didn't have a wedding yesterday which seemed like madness for a Saturday. I wasn't quite sure what normal people do on Saturdays. So, I tried to fill up the day as best as I could. Late in the afternoon, I met Katie & Josh (getting married June, 2007) at the Library of Congress for their engagement portrait. It was Josh's b-day and they were all dressed up to go out to dinner. We wandered around Capitol Hill and got some fun images.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After the shoot, I swung by my house to meet my sister, Lauren and we headed over to Nissan Pavilion for the Goo Goo Dolls/ Counting Crows concert. Our friend, Paul was running sound for the Goo Goo Dolls and was kind enough to put us on the guest list complete with backstage passes. We must have parked about a mile away since we arrived so late and I was turned away at the gate and sent back to my car to put my camera away. Sadly, professional cameras are not allowed. Apparently you're allowed to take pictures at the venue...just not good pictures. Very disappointing! So we finally got in and had fantastic orchestra section seats, enjoyed a huge swirly $12 margarita and then met Paul who led us backstage. We hung out on the GGD bus and in a tent behind it named "Camp Damage" after one of the guitar techs. Sat back there drinking Coronas and eating hot dogs and at one point were invited to go jump around on the stage during the Crows' "Hangin' Around". Had not consumed enough alcohol to embarass ourselves that publicly.

When we finally got home around 1am, my phone started ringing...not a familiar number. I was thinking that there was no way I actually wanted to speak with anyone who would call me that late but I answered the phone anyway. And I was glad I did. It was Lori Hill, an event planner from D.C. and fellow ISES (International Special Events Society) member calling to tell me that I had just won the International Esprit Award for Photography. Yay! I won the award last year and was present to accept the award in L.A. last summer. This year's awards were held in Honolulu and as much as I would have loved to have been there, since I'm heading to Trinidad on Thursday to shoot the wedding of Amit & Gillian and I thought that was just too much travel for one week.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Amit & Gillian)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter since 2/11/07