My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Thanks for stopping by, please come visit my new wedding blog, The Unbride or my photography blog. And while you're there, leave a comment, I love comments!

Saturday, January 27, 2007

IN THE STUDIO

Yesterday Gary and I went over to Dan & Michelle's house again to shoot Lisa working on her Camp Songs album. Somehow we also had a conversation about naming the new Petty baby that is coming in a few months. One of the top picks seemed to be Jet with a pretty good possibility of Daniel Jet or D.J. for short. We also discussed how a lot of our grandparents' names have become popular once again but that names like Adolf or Osama could take quite a long time to recover from the naughtyness of their forebearers.

While shooting in the studio, I decided to grab a few shots of Lisa. Since it was a recording studio and not a photo studio, I managed to rig up a little lamp and dangle it over her head for some nice flattering light. I tell you, I am so obsessed with lighting these days. I can't even watch movies anymore...all I look at is the lighting...good, bad, interesting, flattering, contrasty...it doesn't matter, I barely even notice what the movie is about. So anyway, there was this little light with a paper shade on a table off to one side in the studio. So, we adjusted the overhead track lighting to bounce off a wall and then held this little lantern in front of Lisa's face and voila....beautiful, candle-lightish, sunsetty lighting. Beautiful!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also grabbed a few shots of "Bea", Dan and Michelle's first baby.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter since 2/11/07