My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Thanks for stopping by, please come visit my new wedding blog, The Unbride or my photography blog. And while you're there, leave a comment, I love comments!

Monday, March 19, 2007

MOVIE REVIEWS

Friday night Gary and I met up with Lisa and her friend Stephanie in Burbank to see Reno 911, the movie.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
When were waiting to buy tickets, it struck me that there were children around. It's funny but where I live, you almost never see any kids so you sort of forget that they exist and then you go out to the valley and think "oh yeah, some people have kids and they take them places." That's a deep thought by Justine Ungaro. Anyway so we saw Reno 911 and I have to say it was a major disappointment. There were a few laughs in there but I think that the brilliance of the tv show is in it's short little 2 or 3 minute clips that are hilarious. Trying to drag on the idiocy of the Reno Sherriff's department and all of the "self-pleasure" montages get a bit old. I rate it Netflix at best but don't waste $10 to see it in the theatre.

Last night Gary and I went to see Zodiac in the dome at the archlight.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's such a great theatre because the screen is HUGE and practically encompasses you so that you really feel like part of the movie. Anyway, the movie was fantastic....beautifully shot and keeps you almost on the edge of your seat throughout the more than 2 1/2 hour duration of the film. Robert Downey Jr. gave the best performance in my opinion portraying a slightly femme, drunken journalist who befriends Jake Gyllenhaal, a young cartoonist at the San Francisco Chronicle who becomes obsessed with solving the mystery of the Zodiac Murders in the late 1960's and early 1970's. It includes one of the most graphic and upsetting murder scenes that I've ever seen. I highly recommend that everyone see this one right away. Makes me want to investigate and read up on the Zodiac murders.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter since 2/11/07