My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Thanks for stopping by, please come visit my new wedding blog, The Unbride or my photography blog. And while you're there, leave a comment, I love comments!

Monday, May 14, 2007

THE BIG NEWS

Okay okay for those of you in the know, I just wanted to be sure that I called everyone who would be mad at me if they first heard about this on my blog. But I guess I can't delay this post any longer so here it is...I got engaged on Friday! Yes, that's right, I am now going to be on the other side of the whole wedding thing. Now here's the story of the proposal.

Gary was sick all last week. I thought he was just under the weather. In fact, he was nervous and anxious and upset about all of the lies and deception over trips to the jewelry store and making all sorts of schemes behind my back. He had this big plan to take me down to Laguna Beach to this beautiful old Inn where we stayed a couple of years ago. One night we spent hanging out in the hotel bar for hours and were entertained by a very ecclectic and charming bartender named Jerry. He was one of those characters that you can't ever forget. Especially after he gave us some of those toy paratroopers and told us to throw them off the roof and to make a wish. If the wind was right, they were supposed to be carried to the ocean and your wish would come true. We threw ours off the roof and they just plummetted to the parking lot below. But you get the point. So anyway, Gary tracked down Jerry and made reservations at the same hotel for my birthday. He even had his art department working on some sort of puzzle that Jerry was supposed to have me work on which would lead up to the big moment. The plan was all in motion and then I stepped in with "I want to have a bowling party for my birthday." Of course I thought we were just celebrating my 29th birthday, I didn't know about the rest of it. So poor Gary had to cancel all of the plans he had made.

Instead, here's what happened. The bowling party was arranged as planned at PINZ in Studio City to begin at 8pm. Gary and I left our house around 5 to go grab an early dinner. I had suggested Niko Niko, our usual sushi restaurant. But then I figured that Gary had a plan for my bday and I should just shut up and go along with it. So I did. I didn't know where we were going but once we hit the Magic Castle I had a pretty good idea...we were going to Yamashiro, a Japanese restaurant up in the hills with the most amazing views of all of L.A. This was also the site of our first kiss...aww. I still had no clue what was about to happen though. Gary said that we were early for our reservation so we should take a walk through the garden and check out the view. So we did. And then the conversation got serious. A lot of the specifics are a blur but it ended with Gary down on one knee and asking me to marry him. I had to sit down on his knee and then proceeded to cry and rub snot all over his shirt. Sometime during all of this, he pulled out the most beautiful ring I have ever seen and slipped it right onto my finger. This just led to more blubbering and more snot. Obviously I said yes and we went inside and ate dinner and stared at the ring. And here it is...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More to come soon...

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congradulations Justine, I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear more about your wedding plans. Your ring is georgouse and the story of the proposal is so cute!! I'm just so happy and excited for you and I know that your going to have the best time planning your special day!!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Kim & Trevor said...

Congratulations, Justine!! That's such exciting news...I always love hearing proposal stories! Your ring is just stunning. I love how it sits low.

Well, needless to say, we can't wait to see it all in pictures. Good luck and best wishes to the both of you.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Congratulations Justine..Judy and I are so happy for you.

Love,
Grandpa Joe

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Justine. I am so happy the ring fits and that you said YES!

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, the ring is beautiful. Gary couldn't have picked out anything more perfect. Second of all, why is your manicure equally as perfect? Did you get your nails did just before taking these pics? Don't lie. ;)

xoxo

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Justine and KRASH!
Looks like you both found keepers!
Krash is an old friend from Treasures In Your Home.

dragon

4:26 PM  
Blogger Téa said...

Congratulations Justine and Gary!!

Welcome to the dark side ;)

xox

T

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY Justinie!!!!! Love you both!!!! Merry!!!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so happy for both of you! THIS IS YOU MOTHER SPEAKING.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justine
Congrats to you and Gary (aka Krash from TIYH) btw the fire pics are awesome!!

Labster

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to be in-laws! Congrats!!
xoxo
Jamie in-law

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justine,

Congrats! I am so excited and happy for the two of you! I think your wedding is going to be pretty amazing since everyone you recommended to me was fantastic! I guess I should start getting my album together. I will email you soon because I want to make sure what I need to do. John and I miss you! -Lindsay

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justine, A late congratulation to you and Gary. You make a beautiful couple and just right for each other. You and your sister Lauren deserve the best !!!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter since 2/11/07