My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Thanks for stopping by, please come visit my new wedding blog, The Unbride or my photography blog. And while you're there, leave a comment, I love comments!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

DEAL OR NO DEAL

In light of very sad events today...and because I've been waiting for these pictures to arrive by email, I figured now would be as good a time as any to post something really silly on this blog. And here it is. Last weekend Gary and I went to the season finale of Deal or No Deal. I am a huge fan of the show and honestly didn't know Howie Mandel from anything but an animated show called "Bobby's World" which I was really too old to be watching at the time anyway. Gary's friend Allison is a producer on the show so we got to waltz right in and got great seats in the one area that was not a "hot spot" for the cameras. We sat there for a bit. I noticed that across from us was Ty Pennington from Extreme Makeover Home Edition along with his family...they actually waited in line with all of the tourists which seemed pretty sweet of him. He got some applause upon being recognized and turned bright red. (Later on in the show, we realized that Danny Glover was sitting right in front of us.)

When the show finally started, we played along with all of the smiling and clapping we were supposed to be doing. And I think we were lied to because there was a camera about 3 feet from my face for a good solid half hour. Then I got really self conscious about how my smile probably looked stupid and how I knew my hair was messy. I'm sure we are going to be all over this show. Anyway, it was a real roller coaster ride and it's amazing how you feel so attached to the person playing the game...you really want them to walk home with some money. Gary and I were both supposed to be yelling "No Deal!" the whole time since we were both born during the first half of the year. I couldn't help but yell "Deal" pretty much as soon as the offer hit 6 figures which is exactly what I do when I watch from home. Luckily this lady didn't listen to me and she walked away with a lot more money than I would have.

It actually took 3 hours to film this show and since I hadn't eaten since breakfast, by about 11pm, I was starving and about to chew my own arm off. I was so happy when Allison invited us to stay for the after party because they were serving fried chicken! This is the first thing I did...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Once my belly was full, I pretended to take the deal...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Then Liz and I stood on the famous stairs and pretended to be models who showed up about 10 years too late for the job.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

At this point, there was a dj spinning tunes and 20 year old models dancing all over the place. We called it Club DOND. It really was such a fun experience...and I plan to go back next season. I think that episode airs sometime in May or June so when I find out, I'll be sure to post the date and time so that you can all watch and laugh at me looking like a total idiot in the audience. :)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Justine,

I recently discovered your blog and I am addicted! I love reading about your LA experiences and I am totally amazed by your photography. You are truly talented!

Take care,
Donna Wojo

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J.
just a line to let you know I am constantly checking in to see what you are up to. keep the post coming.

4:32 PM  
Blogger kellyhoffman said...

How fun! I had a similar experience in Vegas when I fell into a shot for "Girls Next Door". I was standing next to Hugh and one of his lady loves trying not to gawk as I was worried about my hair, etc. When the show aired, that scene was on for a split second and I saw the back of my head!! Can't wait until this weekend!!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Téa said...

I am heartbroken. You mean to tell me that they PROMTP the audience and TELL them to say Deal of No Deal?

I am so betrayed, Justine. I will never, ever get over it.

hehe :)

12:44 AM  
Blogger Justine Ungaro said...

Hi Donna, I'm so glad you're reading, it means a lot to me...be addicted all you want. Come back often, forward to your friends. :) xo

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter since 2/11/07