My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Thanks for stopping by, please come visit my new wedding blog, The Unbride or my photography blog. And while you're there, leave a comment, I love comments!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

A SATURDAY NIGHT IN HOLLYWOOD

Okay, so I think tonight my very well have been one of the most completely random evenings I've had in L.A. so far. First Gary and I met up with David Rich (Janet's husband) and Lisa at the Arclight to see "Once". It was so amazing, unlike anything I've ever seen before. I don't really want to say anything specific about it but please go see it!

As we were leaving the theatre, Lisa asked if everyone was going home or did we want to go to Bobcat Goldthwait's birthday party? That seemed like the most random thing we could possibly do so we all got in our cars and drove to this funky little gallery called FAKE. www.fakedotcom.com. (please excuse these photos, they were shot with my phone)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was full of all sorts of crazy art. This was my favorite piece, it's called Crazy Person Magazine.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
In case you can't read them, some of the headlines are:
"What the voice in your head isn't telling you"
"New! Tin foil hats just in time for spring"
"Paranoid? Look behind you."
"Double Issue, over 100 pages of gibberish"
"Price: 1 handful of dirt"

So anyway, we walked in and there were only about 25 people there and everyone was watching this bizarre little jam band playing weird songs that sounded like they were making them up as they went along. Then Gary noticed that the singer was Tom Kenny, the voice of Sponge Bob Squarepants. Okay, so I got to watch Sponge Bob serenade Bobcat Goldthwait for his birthday...talk about random.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
After the "show", we stuck around for a while to eat some donut muffin things from Big Sugar and to tell Bobcat happy birthday. Such a nice nice guy. What a fun night!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is wonderful!!!!! Any other pictures?

1:24 PM  
Blogger Justine Ungaro said...

No, unfortunately that's it. I didn't want to be the idiot fan who pulled out their point-and-shoot for a photo-op. I thought that the cell phone photos would suffice for some general atmosphere pics. :)

8:56 PM  
Blogger aDevl said...

Wow! Justinie, you and your adventures never cease to amaze me! I am logged in under A... but it is little merry wrting this! Love u! M!

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter since 2/11/07