My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Thanks for stopping by, please come visit my new wedding blog, The Unbride or my photography blog. And while you're there, leave a comment, I love comments!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

ABRAHAM/ REID WEDDING

Yesterday I had the opportunity to work with the most wonderful couple, Mary and Andy. They were married at the National Museum for Women in the Arts in Washington D.C. which is one of my absolute favorite venues. My sister Lauren came along as my assistant to hold my "light on a stick". I'm telling you, if you're single (which she's not) what a way to meet men. There were at least 2 guys following her around all night. Luckily the groom stepped in and told them to get lost :), because I needed her help.

This was the first wedding that I implemented my newest lighting concept. This consisted of 2 1600 alien bee strobes on stands on either side of the band. These lit the dance floor with great directional light. The 3rd and main light was my on-camera speedlight with a "Fong Dong" (a.k.a. lightsphere pj) and the 4th was another speedlight with a lighsphere with dome (pointed at subjects from a 45 degree angle) mounted on a monopod which Lauren carried around for me. These were all triggered by Pocketwizards.

Oh yeah and I did have one catastrophe, my 24-70 2.8 lens popped right off the camera and crashed onto the concrete sidewalk. I pretended like it was no big deal but it totally was. The plastic casing is cracked and I think some of the interior glass broke as well. Besides it being expensive, it's my work-horse lens which means that I use it for absolutely everything at a wedding. And I managed to drop it within the first 2 hours of coverage. D'oh! Anyway, going with out it forced me to be creative in a new way and to use my other lenses to make due. And I think it was a blessing in disguise because I'm thrilled with the way everything has turned out so far.
Here are a few images.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter since 2/11/07